There is a huge craze with colour correcting at the minute and there are so many products on the market. Colour correction isn't something I tend to do on a daily basis however if I have particularly dark under eyes or any redness/blemishes it is an absolute life saver. I came across this palette from Freedom Makeup for £5 and I couldn't walk away without it. You're probably thinking why on earth would you want to put lavender, green and coral colours on your face.. but trust me - they work!


The idea of colour correcting is finding the directly opposite colour on the colour wheel to the colour you want to cancel out and it will instantly correct the problem area.


Green - Redness/Blemishes/Scars
Orange/Coral - Any purple/blue tones, normally found under the eyes or any form of bruising.
Lavender - Yellow dull areas that need brightening/cheek bones.
Yellow - Brighten the centre of the face, also can be used under eyes depending on how intense the dark circles are.

In this palette you do get a cream highlight and a brightening pink tones concealer. These are the two I haven't found use for as of yet, however the other shades pleasantly surprised me with how pigmented they were and they actually successfully colour corrected without going cakey on my skin.


When you colour correct you need to be careful not too apply it too thick as it acts like another layer of make up and will look too heavy if you go overboard.

I would 100% recommend this palette if you are on a budget and really want to try out colour correcting, you can grab it here. The shades in this palette are not too deep so I would recommend it more for fair skin tones!

Have you tried colour correcting?