When I started wearing/buying make up it was all about Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse, glittery eyeshadows and lip glosses - nowadays there are so many amazing products which I wish were part of my make up kit when I first started out! There are products in the drugstore that are just as good as high end and are less than half the price. These are all products that I would genuinely recommend for anyone starting up their make up kit or if you simply want to grow your collection!

 There are obviously many other amazing products but if I included all of my drugstore favourites I would be here for a very long time, so here are the essentials that I think every make up wearer needs!

Base:
When it comes to face products it all depends on your skin type and what your skin really needs/works best with, this is why I have chosen products which I think work well for all skin types and which I believe give the best results!


Primer - Soap & Glory One Heck Of A Blot, £10
This primer does so many things for the skin to prepare it for the makeup yet to come. It keeps the skin shine-free due to its Shine-Bloc technology, it also minimises the appearance of pores with its Pore-Shrink technology and I mean who doesn't want smaller looking pores? You can wear this primer alone or under make up as it contains Vitamin C so it brightens the skin and helps even out skin tone.

Foundation - Bourjois Healthy Mix, £9.99
If you have read my previous posts you will know I go on and on about how amazing this foundation is so of course I had to include it as an essential! It is the most gorgeous lightweight and radiant foundation which is perfect for every skin type. The coverage is perfect and build able, also with Apricot for radiance, Melon to keep the skin hydrated and Apple to keep the skin young - I honestly cannot stress to you enough how lovely this foundation is!

Concealer - Collection Lasting Perfection, £3.99
You can see from in the photo how much I use this concealer as the label has almost disappeared. I use the Fair shade in this concealer to brighten under my eyes and it actually works really well on blemishes too. It is a pretty high coverage concealer and it lasts a really long time - it's a must have!

Blush/Bronze/HighlightSleek MakeUp Face Form Contouring and Blush Palette in Light, £9.99
My previous blog post was a full review on this product and how it is an amazing dupe for 3 of my favourite high end products so if you haven't read that already I will link it here. If you are a newbie to make up then the whole contouring and highlight trend might scare you a little but with this palette it is made so easy! This is available in different shades to suit different skin tones however the 'Light' palette is my absolute favourite.

Eyes:
The amount of eyeshadows, mascaras, brow products and eyeliners on the market now is crazy! I sometimes find with eyeshadows that if they are too cheap the pigmentation isn't great however there are some really great ones available too.


Eyeshadows -
MakeUp Revolution Ultra 32 Shade Palette Flawless Matte, £8
Maybelline Colour Tattoo, £4.99 
First of all 32 shades for £8??? AMAZING. This palette contains all matte shades however you can create so many gorgeous looks with it from pinks, nudes, browns, greys or blacks. The pigmentation of these eyeshadows actually really surprised me when I first used it, they show up really well and also last a pretty long time!
Maybelline Colour Tattoo's have been a staple in my make up collection for a really long time, they are gorgeous as a base for eyeshadow or just on their own. My 3 favourites are Creamy Beige, On & On Bronze and Eternal Gold - they are all so pretty! Creamy Beige is the perfect base for eyeshadows as it's matte brown and keeps all eyeshadows in place, where as the other two I wear on their own or alongside other shadows.

Liquid Eyeliner - Collection Extreme 24hr Felt Tip Liner, £2.99
Fast drying and matte black - the perfect liquid eyeliner! This product is SO easy to apply even if you're not that confident with doing a cat eye. The colour lasts really well and doesn't budge easily so I would 100% recommend this to anyone!

Mascara - Maybelline Lash Sensational, £7.99
I have gone through loads of mascaras in the past and they either clump or leave black on my brow bone throughout the day, this one however doesn't do either. I included this in my 2015 Favourite Product Discoveries and I am still totally head over heels in love with it!

Eyebrows - Sleek Brow Kit in Dark, £8.49
This Brow Kit has seen my through my worst brow days and my best! I have had this for an extremely long time now and I still haven't hit pan, it is such a good buy. You can see how I use this in my brow routine - linked here.

Lips:
I actually don't own any drugstore lipsticks that I have been overly impressed with so if you know of any good ones please leave them down in the comments!

Liner - Rimmel 1000 Kisses, £2.99
I actually love all of Rimmels Lip Liners however this one in the shade cappuccino is my all time favourite! They are super pigmented and last a very long time - even through eating and drinking.

Lipgloss - Max Factor Colour Elixir, £8.99
I have a love/hate relationship with lip glosses, I cannot stand them being too sticky or if they make my lip colour underneath budge however I was actually really impressed with this one! It's the perfect consistency and looks beautiful paired with any other lipsticks or simply on it's own. The colour of this has rubbed off the packet but i'm pretty sure it was Pristine Nude.


If there are any drugstore products I haven't mentioned that you absolutely love please leave them in the comments - I would LOVE to try them!