If you're like me and your job/lifestyle appears under your eyes after a long week then this post may just save your life. You can always see how stressed/exhausted I am through my under eyes and sometimes coffee and concealer doesn't always cover it - so here are my steps to bag-free eyes!


SLEEP
Well this is obvious but it really can make a difference - I find 9 hours to be the perfect amount for me to wake up feeling refreshed with less puffiness under my eyes.

ICE
Before applying your eye cream make sure you include this step! This helps cool the area so that puffiness is reduced and makes bags slightly less visible, I tend to do this for around a 30 seconds to a minute on each eye. Do be careful though and don't hold it directly onto your under eye as you don't want to cause any form of bruise! I just brush it lightly and slowly from left to right.

ORANGE CONCEALER
Now that your eye bags are slightly tighter and less visible its time to focus on the dark circles! Orange concealer really helps cancel out the blue/purple colouring - Don't panic you will cover the orange a little later on. I tend you use a tiny amount of product on my ring finger and lightly spread the concealer low enough to cover the dark circles, my favourite to use is the LA Girl Cosmetics PRO Conceal in Orange which is available here for £3.99. 

CONCEALER
Let's get rid of that orange! You can use any concealer you prefer for this step - my favourite is Clarins Instant Concealer as the colour is perfect for my skin tone to brighten my under eyes, it also contains caffeine so this actually will help with waking you up a little. It is available here for £21.50. I apply 3 small dots under my eyes and blend this out using a damp Real Techniques Sponge to get the perfect flawless finish without lifting any of the products.

SET
It's important that you set all of this in place using a setting powder to avoid creasing. I have been absolutely loving the Nars Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder - you can get it here for £27 - it just finishes the eyes off perfectly and in photos your under eyes will have never looked brighter! You can also use a light matte eyeshadow if you prefer. 

Here is a before and after for this routine;



Hope this helps!