It has been just over a year since I posted my last make up haul on here - a whole year! So here I am back with another one, except this time rather than high end I'm keeping it cheap and cheerful with some drugstore bits I have been dying to try. Does anyone else order makeup when they need cheering up? that can't just be me, right? All thanks to an awful mood I was in last week, my makeup collection has grown a little more and I don't regret a thing.


The first thing I put in my bag technically isn't new as I've been using it for the past few months but i'ver never actually posted about it. It is the L'oreal Infallible 24H Matte Powder in Warm Vanilla aka my favourite setting powder ever. If you have oily skin like me then you need to give this a go, it keeps my skin matte for so much longer than other powders I've tried and it doesn't cake on my skin at all! It retails for £5.99 and is available here.


My NYX stash is continuously growing and each product I love more and more. I've tried plenty of their lip and face products in the past but never their eyeshadows! I picked up the Perfect Filter Palette in Rustic Antique as it was just calling my name with the warm selection of shades. I actually used this palette today to create a 'Sunset Festival Smokey Eye' look which will be up on my blog later on this week. After one use I can already tell I'm going to be reaching for this palette A LOT as every single shade is gorgeous. The pigmentation of these shadows really surprised me and they're so easy to blend out! This palette retails for £16 and is available here.


The next thing I purchased is a very hyped over product which I have been really tempted to buy in the past but never actually gone ahead with it and I'm so glad I finally have. It's the Sleek Highlight Palette in Cleopatra's Kiss which contains 4 highlighting shades - 2 cream and 2 powder (Sphinx, Delta, Dynasty and Goddess). I've only had the chance to try one of the shades on my cheek bones and the glow it gave my skin was seamless and super pretty! I've never really been a cream highlight kind of girl, however after swatching all four shades I think I'm going to get a lot of use out of them as they're really soft and just glide onto the skin.



You know that feeling when you really need to get your eyebrows done and it's actually got to the point where you can't fill them in properly they're so out of shape and over grown? This is perfect if you want to make them appear fuller and add a little colour without them looking out of control. I bought this purely for those days although I actually really liked the look it gave my brows so I will definitely be using this a lot more than planned. It retails for £7.99 and is available here in 3 shades.


Makeup Revolution is honestly one of my favourite drugstore brands and when I saw they'd bought out their own lip kits - could I resist? of course not. I picked up the shade Echelon and it is the perfect every day nude! One thing I will say is the lip liner is an entirely different colour to the liquid lipstick and this completely through me off. The Lip liner is a much more orange nude, where as the liquid lipstick is much more pink toned and I was actually pleasantly surprised when I put them together as they create a really nice colour! The packaging for this lip kit is really cute and the product appears so much more expensive than it actually was, it retails at only £6.00 and is available here.

What are your favourite drugstore products?