When it comes to primer I will always resort back to my holy grail which is Benefit's Porefessional, however I've been using it for such a long time and it's not exactly the cheapest so I wanted to see if I could find a dupe in the drugstore. The primer I chose to purchase is the NYX Pore Filler, it is a fraction of the price and it is actually the perfect dupe for the Benefit Porefessional!


Benefit Porefessional - £26 for 22ml
NYX Pore Filler - £11 for 20ml




Benefits packaging is much prettier to look at in this comparison and does feel more expensive so in terms of appearance you do get what you pay for but they both feel very sturdy. They're both squeeze tubes which I love as it allows you to use the right amount of product without anything going to waste!



I was actually very surprised with the NYX primer as the formula is extremely similar. When you squirt the product the Benefit primer does come out a lot smoother, I found the NYX formula a lot dryer as it came out in bits/balls but on the skin they're both EXTREMELY silky and smooth to touch and they both do an incredible job at filling in pores. I was a little worried the NYX primer would cause my foundation to appear cakey but it didn't at all - it honestly does an incredible job and I would 100% recommend this as a dupe for the Porefessional Primer!