You know that feeling of needing complete relaxation & an escape from the real world? Finding a spa experience can sometimes be the complete opposite so I thought i'd make it a little easier for you and tell you about the spa that everyone needs to visit. For my birthday this year all I wanted was a day of relaxing and after hours and hours of scanning through different spas online I came across the Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa and all I can say is this spa was an absolute dream.




I visited with my boyfriend after purchasing the 'couples retreat' package which was listed among so many good offers that you could use for mothers day, a friends birthday present or simply a general spa experience with whoever and whenever you fancy.

We headed up for around lunch time and were greeted by a really friendly staff member who directed us to the spa lounge for a light lunch and glass of champagne, before giving us our locker keys, shoes and a brief overview of our spa experience we had ahead of us. It is a completely tranquil environment from the moment you step through the door - white walls and the soft scent of lavender.





After our lunch we were given a tour of the spa facilities and then we were free to use whatever we wanted which of course started with the hydrotherapy pool. The first thing I noticed was how clean the facilities, changing rooms, toilets - everything was. Apart from myself and my boyfriend there were only 2 other couples using the facilities so we didn't feel as though we were in the way or had to use each part of the pool very briefly and then move on, we just took as long as we wanted and after a while we started to get prune fingers which we decided meant it was time for the sauna and steam rooms.





For me the steam room is not very enjoyable as I tend to feel very claustrophobic but in this one I was okay as the rooms are a pretty decent size and with it being quiet in the spa itself we managed to use them when no one else was. I haven't been to many spas but one small detail that I really liked about this one is there are water stops based all around so you can stay hydrated no matter what area of the spa you're in.





As well as an ice shower and hydrotherapy shower there is also a hot tub with spaces to actually lay down in it in the small outside area upstairs which of course we took full advantage of until it started to rain.

Before we knew it hours had gone by and it was nearly time for our massage so we headed to the upstairs lounge area which was full of comfy chairs and loungers where you can chill without any distractions and dry off before your treatment as no one wants a damp bikini when laying on a massage bed.

The couples massage was unlike any massage I've ever had, I left feeling fully 'at peace' and relaxed. Although it was a couples massage we were both sat down by our masseuse who discussed with us if we had any problem areas that we wanted them to focus on, before giving us the choice of two oils. We weren't told what the oils were beforehand, they asked us to smell and see which one appealed to us the most before placing it in a large bowl of boiled water beneath the whole in the table so we were able to inhale it through out the massage as well. The only oils they use are ESPA and I chose the Restorative Oil which is 'A re-balancing body oil to comfort and calm the senses. Sweet Orange, Rose Geranium and Lavender help ease anxiety and calm, while Palmarosa helps tone and Sweet Almond Oil deeply nourishes for beautifully soft, supple skin.'

Once the massage was over I can safely say I was relaxation level 100 so they took us to their relaxation room which was a medium sized room with dimmed lights and a selection of different sofas with soft blankets which I could've quite easily fallen asleep on. I didn't ever want to leave and I am already scanning their website for different offers and treatments available so I can go back as soon as possible. The masseuse explained to me that I had a lot of knots around my shoulders so I should look to have a massage at least once a month and well I'm not one to ignore an experts advice!



The whole experience was a dream and the perfect amount of TLC so if you are looking for a spa day/experience I would highly recommend checking this place out, a link to their website is here.