Beauty Sleep.. something I find myself getting a lot less of since entering the world of adulting. Whether it's due to late nights, busy schedules or just simply putting sleep to the back of the queue for whatever reason - without a good nights sleep we're unable to function at our full capacity and eventually it is physically noticeable in an individuals appearance when they're not resting as much as their body requires, hence the term 'beauty sleep'. Don't get me wrong i'm no social butterfly and my bed is my best friend so I do try to get to bed as early as I can but it is more often than not that my sleep is interrupted and it is usually due to my brain not shutting off properly so I will find myself tossing and turning, not being able to drift off into dreamland which means I struggle the following morning and lets just say - there's nothing that can cover my eye bags.

Over the past few months I have made small changes around snooze time that have made a noticeable difference to me when it comes to falling asleep. They are 4 very simple steps that you'll probably think Aimee come on.. these don't really help. Trust me - THEY DO.



Starting with the obvious and that is... coming off your phone or any form of technology that is going to keep your brain moving and pick up a book. I'm totally not a reader but once you find something you're into, it makes it so much easier to wind down. There's something soothing about the sound of a book page turning - it really helps me to relax.



If coming off your phone early isn't always possible and I know sometimes it's not due to different circumstances, I find blue light glasses make a HUGE difference. They simply block any blue light that is produced by any phone screen, laptop or TV etc. Blue light is thought to boost attention and reduces the production of melatonin which is otherwise known as the sleep hormone as it controls your 'sleep-wake' cycle. I got mine from Quay and there are so many different styles available here.



Before Christmas last year I had never tried a sleep spray as I just thought they were a myth and a waste of money. I got one in a set and I have never been so thankful for a gift and the difference it has made to my quality of sleep. With sleep sprays it;s important that the scent actually appeals to you otherwise it'll just act as a distraction from sleeping, however once you find a scent you like it adds a real 'spa-like' feel to the air around you which is why I find it so relaxing. I adore the Champneys Calming Mist and would highly recommend this one if you like lavender, geranium and chamomile type scent. To me it smells like rose petals too but you get the idea - it's floral and spa inspired. A few spritz's of this on my pillow and I am out like a light.



The last thing everyone needs to incorporate into their sleeping routine is an eye mask. I cannot even explain the difference these make to the quality of my sleep - there's no light interruptions whatsoever. Whether that's a street light coming through the blinds or my phone lighting up the room from a notification every now and again - I am oblivious to it.

Let me know if you have any sleeping 'hacks' of your own as I am never one to turn down an opportunity for an even deeper sleep.