Autumn is here which means party season is just around the corner and I don't know about you but I am super excited! In no way am I a professional, however I thought it would be really fun to create a step by step on how to get this super easy cut crease with an autumnal glittery twist. I have been absolutely loving cut crease make up looks recently, they can be anything from really simple and smokey to dramatic, glam, glittery and all that fun stuff!

A cut crease helps to really bring out the eyes, making them appear a lot bigger. All it really involves is defining the natural crease on your eyelid to enhance them and make them even more beautiful than before!

I have broken it down into stages to show you exactly how I got this Glitter Cut Crease look;

1. First of all you want to start off by priming your eyelids, I actually created this look after already applying my face makeup so I had concealer set in place ready to go.


2. In order to get the desired cut crease I took an angled brush and dampened it a little with some Mac Fix +, I then used Mac Eyeshadow in the shade Embark just to trace out my crease and make it a little bit easier.


3. Next you want to really deepen the crease. I did this using a small pencil brush just so it was a little more precise and didn't end up all over my lid! I used the shade Semi-Sweet from my Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette for this step as it's a gorgeous warm brown.


4. This step is just BLEND, BLEND, BLEND. I mixed a little bit of Milk Chocolate from that same Too Faced Palette on a Mac 217 brush just as a slight transition shade.


5. I found it a little tricky to get a completely straight cut crease so I went in with the lightest shade concealer I have in my collection and packed it onto the lid using a flat brush from The Body Shop and just created a much smoother edge.


6. You want to make sure that you have set the concealer in place otherwise it will crease and potentially ruin the finished look! After you have done that it's time for the fun part - GLITTER. 


 7. For this step it is entirely up to you which glitter you use, whether you would prefer a glitter liner or a loose glitter is entirely up to you. I personally opted for loose glitter so I could create this ombre sort of effect and I was extremely happy with the way this turned out! After applying some Too Faced  Glitter Glue I took the smallest liner brush I have and applied a small amount of NYX Glitter Brilliants in the shades Gold, Copper and Red as I thought they were perfect for Autumn time! I would recommend something a little stronger than the Too Faced Glue such as eyelash glue maybe as it started to crumble away after a little while but it's entirely up to you.



8. Once you have your desired cut crease it's then time to add some liquid liner, and again you can make the wing as big or as little as you like!

9. Finally, it's time for LASHES. I applied a very thin later of Benefits Roller Lash just to coat my lashes then I popped on my current favourite lashes from Red Cherry.


I will list links to everything I used here:

If you would like to see a full review on the lashes I used to get this look, please click here.